Oakley Community Council Meeting
Date: October 3, 2017, 7 PM Oakley Community Center
Trustees Present: Sean Fausto, Evan Nolan, Jon Bernier, Jason Wilcoxon, Jes Overley, Chris Mucha, Colleen Reynolds, Dave Schaff, Chris Mengel, Kenny McNutt
Trustees Not Present: Jes Overley, Tim Langmeyer, Stacy Lehman
· Cincinnati Fire Department Report – Station 31:
· Cincinnati Police Department Report – District 2: Officer Butler
o September crime stats: 4 auto thefts. Majority of auto thefts and crime happen to cars which have unlocked doors. Most crimes are done.
o The criminal who committed armed robbery on Isabella was caught. His name is Kenny McNutt. Was same person who was mugging people in Ault Park.
· CRC – Mandy Bello: Trunk or Treat on Saturday, Oct 21st, 5:30-7:30pm at the Oakley Rec Center. Contact Mandy Bello or Joe Berta at the center if you would like to pass out treats at the event.
o Mini-camps are always available. The camp schedule follows the CPS schedule.
· OCC Election on December 5th: See Dave Schaff or Kenny McNutt if you are interested in being a candidate or have questions. Jes Overley will post details on social media.
· Oakley Master Plan: A kickoff public input session will be held on November 14th 6:30-8:30pm, Oakley Rec Center. All are invited whether a resident, business owner or visitor to Oakley.
o Fill out a quick survey by November 30th at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/oaksurvey1
· Business: Business happy hour was a success. Focus was a meet and greet.
· NYE: Still planning an event. Details are being worked on.
· Tap & Screw – Tom and Adam Lorenz:
o Come visit at our taproom and brewery in Madisonville.
o Presented a summary of issues trying to open at 3026 Madison Rd. See details at 3026Madison.com. Brew River also suffered because they were planning to open their catering kitchen at this location.
· Senior Services Levy – Forrest Pettit – General Manager of the Elderly Services Program for Council on Aging
o Provide services and durable medical equipment to seniors in need. Served over 5800 seniors in 2016. Since 2008, the current levy is operating $2 million less due to less tax revenue being collected. Will allow them to serve 27% more seniors by 2020.
o Go to Help4seniors.org for more information.
· PLK – Nick Lingenfelter – New owner of Fifth Third site / 3133 Madison:
o Developed the condominiums at 2940 Markbreit.
o Presented conceptual design for 3133 Madison.
§ Reduced size of previous design. Reduced to 5 stories.
§ 75 total units. 52 market rate units. 23 units that are priced for service professionals in the community.
§ Commercial space, 6600 square feet, on first floor.
§ Parking garage with over 130 available spaces, including public spaces. Would look at TIF to help with that funding.
· Request for Proposals (RFP) for 3540 Ibsen Ave – Kathleen Colley – Development Officer, Department of Community and Economic Development:
o 3540 Ibsen Avenue: was previously going to be a ProLink parking lot but City is putting it out for competitive bid. Looking for feedback on what the community wants to see on the site. Can also submit feedback to Kathleen Colley at Kathleen.email@example.com.
o Expect to have winning proposal by end of November and will inform the community then.
· Hyde Park School PTO – New playground – Elizabeth:
o There’s a need for a safe playground for the school kids and the community.
o Oakley students make up about half the school students.
o Would like the Oakley community to consider a contribution.
· September 21st meeting minutes: Motion to approve the September 21st meeting minutes is made by Chris Mengel. Seconded by Colleen Reynolds. Motion is approved 7-0. Chris Mucha and Evan Nolan abstained.
· Treasurer’s Report: Motion to approve the September Treasurer’s report by Chris Mengel. Motion is seconded by Dave Schaff and approved 9-0.
· East Side Candidates Night on October 20th . 5:45-9:00. Will be at Crossroads in Oakley.
o Motion to provide $100 for printing cost for East Side Candidates Night. Motion made by Colleen Reynolds and Evan Nolan seconded. Motion is approved 9-0.
· Third Thursday/Planning meeting on October 19th. 6-8 PM. Location TBD.
· Next Tuesday OCC meeting is on Tuesday, November 7th, 7pm.
· Speaker Cards
o Melanie Bates – CPS School Board: Running for re-election.
o Craig Rozen – Renew Issue 24: It won’t raise taxes. 2nd renewal of 2008 levy. Not related to Issue 44 that was passed last year.
§ Introduced Jill Sundermen, new Principal at Hyde Park School.
o 2nd Thursday of each month is an Oakley Art Walk.
8:52 PM – Motion to adjourn meeting by Chris Mengel is seconded by Evan Nolan and approved 9-0. Meeting ends.