Oakley Community Council
Virtual Meeting: Zoom
February 1st, 2022 7:00 PM
Until otherwise noted, all Oakley Community Council Meetings will be conducted online, via the Zoom virtual conference tool. You can find full virtual/online meeting details on the homepage of our website, www.oakleynow.com.
Present: Colleen, Mallory, Joe, Jason, Troy, Kenny, Seth, Jon, Sandy, Evan
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- · Cincinnati Police Depart – Officer Barry
- o 2nd month in a row with high rate of stolen cars
- o concern about weather; encouraged to stay home
- o CPD website/social media as a good resource for weather related info.
- · Judge Rickell Howard Smith
- o candidate for Juvenile Court Judge
- o Rickellforjudge.com
OCC 2022 Update – Colleen Reynolds
• Andrew Bernier has stepped off our council which means we have a vacancy for a 3 year term, considering open nominations and people interested can email Colleen directly
• goal of going back to in person meetings full time in April; potentially 3rd Thursday meeting in March would be in person for the board.
• Third Thursday agenda will be configuring agendas for 2022
• Third Thursday in March will adjust to accommodate for St. Patrick’s Day and light attendance
• Questions about events and planning for the year to be discussed at Third Thursday meeting.
- · NBDIP – Joe Groh
- o Process kicks off now; significant funding source for OCC over the years.
- o Joe is soliciting ideas for us to submit; decisions will have to be made at our Mar 1 meeting.
- o Anyone is allowed to vote or submit ideas
- o after pre-app, a more robust process kicks in
- o https://oakleynow.com/NBDIP-Process for more details
- · Wayfinding Signage – Joe Groh
- o signage preferences were passed on to the city. signage was discussed at Jan 20 meeting;
- o Business committee is working to ensure information and reliability of signage
- o DOTE is working on project with us/currently
- o expectation of finalization for information in the summer
- o https://oakleynow.com/Wayfinding-Signage
- · 3 projects submitted for CBR (Community Budget Request)
- o Stairs connecting Oakley playground to Kilbourne was approved - project is going out to bid.
Approve Meeting Minutes (TBD)
- · January 20th
- o motion to approve minutes as sent by email, by Joe. seconded by mallory
- ▪ 4 abstain, 6 yes
Financial Report – Joe Groh
• no big financials news; should be some checks waiting at our mailbox
• Motion: approve financial report as submitted by Jason. Seconded by Seth.
• unanimous approval
· Next Third Thursday Meeting is on February 17th via Zoom
· Next Tuesday OCC meeting is on March 1st – TBD
motion to adjourn unanimously approved