Oakley Community Council
Virtual Meeting: Google Meet
September 1, 2020; 7:00 PM
Until otherwise noted, all Oakley Community Council Meetings will be conducted online, via the Google Meet virtual conference tool. You can find full virtual/online meeting details on the homepage of our website, www.oakleynow.com.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
- · Present: Colleen, Kenny, Joe, Anthony, Seth, Troy, Cody, Jon, Jason, Sandy
- · Absent: Evan, Dan
- · Cincinnati Fire Department– Jeff McDonough, Engine 31 Captain
- Small fire at former Kenner site – investigating as arson.
- · Cincinnati Police Department– Captain Jones, District 2 Police
- YTD – Oakley has seen crime slightly increase at Meijer, Target, etc.
- City-wide, crime is soaring, but not in Oakley.
- · CRC– JaLisa Elkins
- Pleasant Ridge pool to close after this weekend. Some CRC fitness centers have reopened with reservation.
- · Beyond Self Storage– Tim Hensley
- · OCC Updates– Colleen Reynolds
- Planning to have virtual meetings for the rest of the year. Need to think about how to host virtual election in December. Jon, Joe, Evan and Cody are up for reelection.
Real Estate Development:
- · Robertson Traffic Concerns – Colleen Reynolds
- Addition of Three Oaks and nearby Norwood developments has raised traffic concerns. Plan is to host developers from both projects at the next meeting. Due to reduced traffic, it’s been challenging to conduct traffic studies. Reduced speed limit discussion: Joe has been in contact with city and state legislators RE: reducing city street speed limits. Resident of Markbreit (David) planning to create petition to bring to OCC for approval.
- · NBDIP (Joe): Final application submitted; mid to end of October is when decision will be made. Romana and Flaggs USA crosswalks have been approved.
- · City of Cincinnati Community Budget Requests (Joe): Please forward your ideas to OCC and/or Joe. Joe may request a call with you to understand request.
- · 2020 Census: pop-up stands all over Oakley. Please complete the census!
Approve 8/4/20 Meeting Minutes
Motion by Joe to approve the 8/4/20 Meeting Minutes; seconded by Cody. Unanimous approval; minutes approved.
Sandy and Seth abstain
Motion by to approve the Financial Report by Seth; seconded by Joe. Unanimous approval; financials approved.
Hyde Park Ave barrier removed and replaced with temporary barrier – concern from nearby residents. Seth working with DOTE to address.
· Next Third Thursday Meeting is on Thursday, September 17th – VIRTUAL
· Next Tuesday OCC meeting is on Tuesday, October 6th – VIRTUAL
Motion to adjourn meeting by Cody; seconded by Seth. Meeting ends at 7:59PM.