Oakley Community Council 3rd Thursday Meeting
Brazee Street Studios
Trustees Present: Dan Krohn, Cody Gausvik, Joe Groh, Evan Nolan, Sandy Gross, Sean Fausto, Jon Bernier, Colleen Reynolds, Seth Shaifer
Trustees Not Present: Jason Wilcoxon, Kenny McNutt, Dave Schaff
Approve 11/5/19 Minutes
Dan Krohn motions to approve 11/5/19 Meeting Minutes; seconded by Sean Fausto. Unanimous approval.
Joe Groh abstained.
December Board Elections (12/3/19)
Ballots need to be created; communicate absentee ballot process to public.
If you’re running for a board position, we need your candidate bio by Monday, 11/25. We will incorporate bios into the newsletter. You may also submit an optional photo with your bio.
Urban Parking Overlay: Board Discussion
Suggested we create committee and work with other neighborhoods to understand their process. The plan is to establish a committee after the upcoming board elections.
The Department of Community and Economic Development is working to create and provide the OCC with neighborhood maps for the project. The committee would include OCC board members, residents and businessowners.
Motion by Cody Gausvik for the OCC Board to establish an Urban Parking Overlay Committee with plans to fill the committee after the OCC board is elections; seconded by Sean Fausto. Unanimous approval.
Hyde Park School: Meeting Recap
Several members of OCC and residents met with Mike Moroski (CPS Board Member). There is local interest in building an Oakley school. The plan is to engage the community with CPS; biggest issue is funding.
Census 2020: Update
OCC asked to help with spreading the word on completing the 2020 census. Cincinnati only had 67% participation rate in 2010. An accurate census count has many benefits including federal and state funding, future private investment planning and congressional appointment.
Steps for OCC:
1. Publish content on website – how to register and submit data.
2. Publish reminders on social media accounts.
3. Publish reminders in newsletter.
4. Make it a regular agenda item – ask if anyone is interested in volunteering.
Include census reminders on the Oakley Events postcard we send out to neighborhood.
NBD / NSP
We did not complete NBD paperwork accurately so we will not be reimbursed for the $3,800 we spend in 2019. Decision was made to have more than one person on the NSP communications.
NSP will be presented to the Review Committee for approval. Once approved, the OCC president will sign off.
Committee Updates: As Appropriate
- · Business
- · Economic Development & Zoning
- o Corner of Andrew & Madison development – developer asked Sandy for plant lists. Will return next month’s meeting for board approval.
- o Taco Casa, Mio’s, 4-family bank proposal development. Rezone from residential to commercial; reduces curb cuts. Developer will be on upcoming agenda.
- · Finance
- · Membership
- · Beautification – lights are up on the square.
- · Major Events
- o Daddy Daughter Dance ticket site is up
- o NYE – cancelled for 2019 due to $4/5k in cost, low turnout and weather conditions. Future plans are under consideration.
- · Education
- · Major Projects:
- o Community Engagement
- o Master Plan Implementation
- § Review one-page draft Sandy circulated on 11/21.
- o OCC Newsletter
- o Oakley Recreation Center
- o Pedestrian Safety
- § Bike racks – need input from community on placement. Joe put together a map of locations where we might want them. All bike racks are being donated.
- § Paint the Streets – include within intersections, midblock murals, curb extension murals. Important component of Vision Zero initiatives.
- o Oakley History
- o Website
- o Social Media
December 3rd Agenda Requests
Motion to adjourn meeting at 8:53PM by Colleen Reynolds; seconded by Seth Shaifer. Meeting Ends at 8:53PM