Oakley Community Council Meeting
Date: October 6, 2015, 7 PM
Trustees Present: Sean Fausto, Dave Schaff, Chris Mucha, Chris Mengel, Kenny McNutt, Brian Ferry, Jason Wilcoxon
Trustees Not Present: Evan Nolan, Lisa Williams, Mike Bonomo, Jon Bernier, Tim Langmeyer
· Cincinnati Fire Department
o September had 8 fire runs, and 142 EMS runs.
o The time will change will happen this month. Make sure to change your batteries in your smoke detectors, and replace them if greater than 10 years old.
o All City firehouses are open to the public this Sunday from 1-5pm.
· District 2 Police Report – Officer Shawn Tarvin (Desk 513-979-4480, Email: email@example.com)
o Biggest problem in District 2 continues to be property crimes. All burglaries in September were solved. Majority of thefts are from Oakley Station retail section.
· OCC Elections – Chris Mucha
o Key dates for the upcoming OCC Board elections:
§ 10/13: Deadline to be a member to run as a candidate.
§ 11/6: Deadline to declare candidacy to the Nominating Committee (Dave Schaff, Chris Mucha, Evan Nolan).
§ 11/23: Deadline to be a member to vote in the election. Deadline to request absentee ballot if needed. Absentee ballots can be requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
§ 11/30: Deadline to return absentee ballots
§ 12/1: Election Night
· Cincinnati Recreation Commission – Ellen Brewster
o December 13 will be the last day the center is open before being closed for renovations.
o Mini-camps are available for school age children. See Ellen at the center for details.
· Oakley After Hours
o Friday Oct 9 is the last Oakley After Hours of the year, from 6-10pm.
· Cincinnati Honor Flight – Bill Mallard
o October 25 event at 20th Century Theater from 2 – 7pm.
o Live music and food available. 100% of ticket sales go to Honor Flight. Tickets are $25 in advance and available at 20th Century.
· City of Cincinnati, Department of Transportation and Engineering – Matthew Andrews & Butch Gaut
o Presentation of the new Metro bus hub in Oakley Station. Will have 4 stations. Routes 11, 4, 12X, 41 and 51 will stop at the station. Station will be located behind LA Fitness.
o Planning to get bids for construction this winter, with construction to start in spring 2016.
· Save Our Parks – Don Mooney
o Encouraging residents not to vote for Issue 22.
· Supporting the Parks Levy - Chris Watkins
o Encouraging residents to vote YES for Issue 22. 25% of money raised will go towards maintenance of existing parks across the City. Provides sustainability to the Park Board budget and allows for adequate staffing and maintenance of our parks.
· Brigid Kelly – Candidate for State Representative in Ohio’s 31st District
o Election is in March 2016 in the Presidential primary.
o Grew up in Norwood. Elected to Norwood City Council. Works for United Food and Commercial Workers Union.
o Go to www.brigidkelly.com for more information.
· Speaker for Judge Josh Berkowitz – Running for re-election for judge in Hamilton County
· Shane Herzner – Running for judge in Hamilton County 910-2196
· Craig Rozen
o About one week left in the Releaf campaign, a free program to provide trees to residents in their front yards. Contact Urban.email@example.com if interested.
· General: Gateway project to provide $30k for a revitalized streetscape by the railroad overpass on Madison. Work on the project will start in 2016.
· General: There will be a flagpole dedication on 11/11/2015 for the installation of a new flagpole in the Oakley Esplanade.
· Membership: 5 new members in September. Go to www.oakleynow.com to register as a member or renew your membership.
· Zoning: Third draft of the redevelopment code will be released in early 2016. More discussion will happen at that point.
· The next OCC working meeting will be Thursday, October 15th at the Oakley Pub and Grill basement starting at 8pm.
8:04 PM – Motion to adjourn meeting is seconded and approved. Meeting ends.