Oakley Community Council
Virtual Meeting: Zoom
January 20th, 2022 7:00 PM
Until otherwise noted, all Oakley Community Council Meetings will be conducted online, via the Zoom virtual conference tool. You can find full virtual/online meeting details on the homepage of our website, www.oakleynow.com.
- · Present: Joe, Kenny, Mallory, Paige, Jason, Seth, Troy
- · Absent: Colleen, Jon, Sandy, Evan
OCC Committee/Project Updates:
- · Vision Zero 2022 – Joe/Paige [VOTE: 1/28 Deadline]
- o Discussion on the 6 suggestions submitted
- o Voted for top 2 priorities:
- · #1 Madison/Oakley Square
- · #2 Brotherton Rd Corridor (Madison – Sherel)
- · Wayfinding Signage Discussion – Joe
- o Joell/DOTE video presentation of options.
- o Poll taken to determine board preferences
- · Map layout preference
- · Smaller/Actual Orientation - 2
- · Larger, vertical map – 6
- · Two sided sign, map on one side, history of other – 8 yes
- · Physical sign design
- · 1 - Single post, business vertical on side of map - 1
- · 2a - Double post, smaller map with pop-out - 1
- · 2b - Double post, larger map, grill at bottom - 2
- · 2c - Double post, larger map, no grill - 4
- · Paxton Intersection – Joe
- o Brian Williams had asked 2 questions about Paxton Intersection, looking for board’s general preference
- o Duke wood poles on the north side between Drakewood and Isabella.
- · If Duke will not relocate the poles, they will be right in the middle of the proposed walk.
- · DOTE plans to push Duke to relocate but it is not guaranteed.
- · We could remove the two on-street parking spaces on Paxton and widen the sidewalk even more to provide more pedestrian space around the existing poles.
- · Thoughts from the CC on removing the two on-street parking spaces?
- · Board had no objections, as long as Businesses ok
- o Who maintains the landscaped island on Wasson, created by the slip lane from Paxton.
- · Not OCC jurisdiction, must be Hp
- · NBDIP FY2023 Announcement/Timeline – Joe
- o Start thinking of project ideas
- o https://oakleynow.com/NBDIP-Process
- · 2022 Board Goals – Colleen – Colleen absent, tabled until February