3-15-18 OCC Approved 3rd Thursday Meeting Minutes

04/09/2018 10:13 AM | Cody Gausvik (Administrator)

Oakley Community Council 3rd Thursday Meeting

Crossroads Church – Meeting Room D

3/15/18; 7PM

oakleycouncil@oakleynow.com

www.oakleynow.com

www.facebook.com/oakley45209

513.533.2039

Trustees Present: Sean Fausto, Evan Nolan, Chris Mengel, Colleen Reynolds, Chris Mucha, Cody Gausvik, Jon Bernier, Dave Schaff, Kenny McNutt & Jes Overley

Trustees Not Present: Stacy Lehman, Jason Wilcoxon

MEETING MINUTES

Approve 3-6-18 OCC Meeting Minutes:

Motion to approve 3-6-18 OCC Meeting Minutes by Chris Mengel, seconded by Dave Schaff. 8 approved; Chris Mucha and John Bernier abstained. 3-6-18 OCC Meeting Minutes approved.

 

Zoning Presentation – Matthew Shad, Deputy Director – Zoning Administrator

Mr. Shad provided the OCC Trustees with valuable overview of the differences between the City Planning department (legislative) and the City Zoning department (administrative) as well as an outline of the various administrative reliefs, permitting, special procedures and lessons/observations in order to effectively work with his office. [Presentation and handouts will be posted to oakleynow.com]

Dave Schaff to reach out to Mr. Shad regarding the Urban Design Overlay boundaries.

Chris Mengel is pursuing his masters at Villanova University (Congratulation, Chris!)

At the 4-3-18 meeting, Jes Overley will make an announcement that there is an open OCC Trustee position that will serve Chris’ remaining term (until the end of 2018) and for those interested in filling his position to send the OCC Trustees their bios. On 4-19-18, the OCC Trustees will review bios and decide who to appoint to fulfill Chris’ remaining term during an executive session. 5-1-18 – new OCC Trustee will be introduced to the audience at the regularly scheduled Tuesday OCC meeting.

SOP Documents:

Zoning & Development (Evan, Jes, Colleen, Chris Mengel)

Ongoing – Evan to reach out to Mr. Shad to schedule a meeting to assist with creation of this SOP.

Special Events SOP (Stacy, Dave, Jon)

Stacy, Dave & Jon are working to finalize.

Treasurer SOP (Chris Mucha)

Chris submitted the completed SOP for the treasurer role.

Oakley After Hours

OCC Trustees still have interest in hosting summer events on the Esplanade in June, July and August.

Plan is to scale Oakley After Hours back or re-brand event to make it more manageable for 2018.

Audience member suggested OCC Trustees reach out for volunteers.

OCC Treasurer Role

Chris Mucha is resigning from the Treasurer role. New Treasurer will be decided at the 4-3-18 meeting. NSB and NSP roles will also be decided at a future date.

FC Cincinnati (Jamie Schwartz and Mark Mallory)

Traffic study still in process, but expected to be completed soon. 3/31/18 – when MLS wants to know where the stadium site will be. Community Advisory Council for Oakley (City appointed) will be created if Oakley is the chosen site. FC Cincinnati willing to sign Community Benefits Agreement with OCC and the City.

Motion by Evan Nolan to provide the draft outline community benefits agreement with preliminary concerns to FC Cincinnati, subject to further revision before public release. Seconded by Sean. 8 in favor; Colleen Reynolds and Kenny McNutt abstained. Motion passes.

Next SOP’s to be presented

Internal Communications – Cody & Jason

External Communications – Cody & Jason

Motion to adjourn meeting at 9:00PM by Jes Overley and seconded by Cody Gausvik. Meeting Ends at 9:00PM.


"Oakley Community Council" is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Cincinnati, OH 45209 -- Bylaws
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software